Do you know: How Humayun’s Tomb looks in older days, how it looks now and its remarkable realities
Humayun’s Tomb: How it looks in old days Humayun’s tomb (Hindustani: Maqbara-i Humayun, Persian: آرامگاه همایون) is the tomb of the Mughal Emperor Humayun in Delhi, India. The tomb was commissioned by Humayun’s first wife and chief consort, Empress Bega Begum (also known as Haji Begum),in 1558, and designed by Mirak Mirza Ghiyas and his son, Sayyid Muhammad,Persian architects chosen by her.It was the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent,and is located in Nizamuddin East, Delhi, India, close to the Dina-panah Citadel, also known as Purana Qila (Old Fort), that Humayun found in 1533. It was also the first structure to use red sandstone at such a scale.The tomb was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993,and since then has undergone extensive restoration work, which is complete.Besides the main tomb enclosure of Humayun, several smaller monuments dot the pathway leading up to it, from the main entrance in the West, including one that even pre-dates the main tomb itself, by twenty years; it is the tomb complex of Isa Khan Niyazi, an Afghan noble in Sher Shah Suri’s court of the Suri dynasty, who fought against the Mughals, constructed in 1547 CE.
Read this as well:
The Humayun’s Tomb and its remarkable realities
- There are in excess of 100 graves inside the whole unpredictable. A few of them are on the primary level porch, known as “Quarters of the Mughals”.
- Humayun’s Tomb was planned by a Persian draftsman, Mirak Mirza Ghiyath.
- It was quite the primary nursery burial place on the Indian subcontinent with wonderful thoroughfares and channels.
- It was the principal Indian structure known as an exemplary example of the twofold domed height with booths for an immense scope.
- The burial place’s idea of eight side chambers represents the Islamic idea of heaven.
How Humayun’s tomb looks in Old days ?
Below are the pictures which shows you how Humayun’s tomb looks in older days:
How Humayun’s tomb looks now ?
Do you want to know how Humayuns tomb looks now these days. Here are the some pics of it which gives you an current view of Humayun’s tomb:
Read this as well:
If you like this article and found it useful then Please share it with your friends and family and also share your feedback by commenting on this post. Thanks for visiting.Share on Social Media