How To Create A Group Session On Spotify
If you want to listen to a new song or podcast with all your long-distance best friends or relatives , and you don’t want to just hold your phone up to your speakers, you can try creating a Group Session on Spotify which would give you an excellent experience.
- What is Insurance & How To Get It For The First Time, Read This
- 13 Things About Startup Business You should know
- Business Ideas That Actually Make Money
- IRCTC on mobile: How to book train ticket through application
- The Most Beautiful Towns and Villages to Visit in India
Last year in 2020 Spotify unveiled Group Sessions for its Premium users. Group Sessions of Spotify allow its Premium users to listen to music,songs or podcasts simultaneously with up to 5 friends but condition is all of your friends should have premium membership, no matter where they are in the globe. All users in a group session can pause, play, skip, and queue music or perform any action that you can do with your music player in your phone.
Here are the steps on how to do that, you can simply follow below steps and create a group session.
How to create a group session on Spotify:
- Open Spotify app.
- Play a song which you like.
- Click on the icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen of application.See below:
- Scroll down and select the option “Start Session”. You can see below for a reference.
- Have friends scan the Spotify code or invite them via text message.Once you have the code and all of your friends are in sync then you are good to go.
The Spotify QR code can be found in a brown rectangle at the very below of the screen and once you start scanning it will add a user to the session which you have created. The other way to add your friends or relatives to the session which you created is to click on “Invite friends” option to share the URL to the group session over text message. One thing here to note is :You would not be notified when someone joins your group session, but you have the option to see if anyone is in your group session at anytime by clicking on the computer and speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner of your session screen. Please see below for the reference.You can follow the same steps.
- To end a group session just click on the icon in the bottom left hand corner again scroll down and select “End session.” This will end up your session and you are no more part of it.